Monday, May 5, 2008

Community Values

Steve sent me this satirical cartoon to share. It gave me a Monday morning laugh. I hope you enjoy it too.





About Steve:
I’m a PowerSeller on eBay but I have been moving most of my sales over to Amazon over the past year and a half. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay with over 1,400 feedback. I also have 100% positive feedback on Amazon with over 450 feedback. My 2007 sales were split about 50/50 between the two but my profits were 60/40 in favor of Amazon. The changes at eBay have been disheartening and the writing is clearly on the wall. They are heading in a new direction but don’t want to tell us where and their plans don’t include us. I was downsized out of my former job along with 1,000 other people and thought that eBay might be a way to work on my own terms without dealing with the constant corporate BS, little did I know it would find a way to seek me out through eBay. I’m participating in the eBay boycott this week as I did in March although I don’t think that it will actually do much good. They know that people are unhappy with their decisions and they press forward anyway. eBay had a loyal seller community and great goodwill which they have destroyed by dismissing our concerns and treating us like potential criminals. The only way we can really protect ourselves is to diversify our businesses by using other venues.



Next post . . . What Is A Goal? Y'all come back and be sure to click VICTORIOUSLY on any interesting links in the sidebar!

No comments: